Costume Parade Contest Schedule:
- 11 AM — Registration
- 1 PM — Line up
- 1:30 PM — Parade begins
- 2:15 PM — Parade winners announced
• Start from Northwest Asian Weekly’s front door, march to main stage
• Contestants must be present at the announcement of finalists (2:15 PM).
• Finalists will be lined up in numerical order.
• The first 20 registered will get a gift.
• You may pre-register for the contest by filling out this application and sending it in or sign-up on the day of the contest (Sunday, January 29) beginning at 11 a.m. at the registration table. Registration table will be located in front of Seattle Chinese Post/Northwest Asian Weekly – 412 Maynard Ave S.
• Contestants must sign-in at the registration table 30 minutes prior to parade.
• Adults & children are welcome to participate
• Parents are welcome to accompany their children during the Parade
• All contestants will be given a contestant number for order of Parade lineup
• Contestants’ attire should be culturally relevant to the Lunar New Year Celebration
• All contestants will be judged by the provided judging criteria.
• Prizes will be awarded to First ($150), Second ($100), and Third ($50) Place Winners, Publisher Award ($100) (an organization which has the most participants), and 15 Honorable mentions will receive a gift bag.
• All decisions made by competition judges are final.
Aditya jain says
The Nice resource you have pointed out here. I am a regular follower of your site, and it seems its authority has increased a lot in last few months. I also wanna wish you and all the other readers of this an advanced Happy New Year 2017 as well. You can check out Happy New Year 2017 Wishes from this link as well. So feel free to check that out.