Seattle City Light
Children’s Parade Competition Schedule:
- Noon—1:15 PM — Registration (each contestant gets a number)
- 1 PM — Line up (outside NW Weekly’s office, 412 Maynard Ave. S., Chinatown/International District)
- 1:15 PM — Judging begins
- 1:30 PM — Parade begins
- 2:10 PM — Parade winners announced
• Contestants must be present at the announcement of results.
• Finalists will be lined up in numerical order.
• All contestants will receive a fortune cookie.
• You may pre-register for the contest by filling out this application and sending it in or sign-up on the day of the contest. If register before February 11, contestants will get a prize after the event. Registration table will be located in front of Seattle Chinese Post/Northwest Asian Weekly – 412 Maynard Ave. S.
• Contestants must sign-in at the registration table 15 minutes prior to parade.
• Kids ages 14 and under can participate in the contest
• Parents are welcome to accompany their children during the Parade
• Kids will be given a contestant number for the order of Parade lineup
• Kids attire should be culturally relevant to the Lunar New Year Celebration
• All contestants will be judged by the provided judging criteria.
• Prizes will be awarded to First ($100), Second ($50), and Third ($25) Place Winners, plus many other prizes.
• All decisions made by competition judges are final.
• Winners and finalists’ photos will be in NW Asian Weekly/Seattle Chinese Post print and online on Feb. 18.