Throughout the year, Northwest Asian Weekly has several volunteer opportunities tied to specific events. When you volunteer at our events you will meet a lot of API community members. You may also get a meal and a seat at the event that you are volunteering at. Lastly, you just get to have a warm, fuzzy feeling in your heart that you have helped out a local community organization in its work empowering the API community!
Event volunteers may:
- Help set up before events and help clean up after events
- Help at registration table, checking in guests and directing them to seats
- Help direct VIPs or speakers to the stage
- Help with other things as needed
- Help hand out prizes or gather business cards
Here’s an upcoming event that you may volunteer at:
- Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017 — 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. — NWAW’s 35th Anniversary Gala and Fundraiser, this year, raising money for two University of Washington scholarship endowments!
If you’re interested in volunteering for an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.