Northwest Asian Weekly / Seattle Chinese Post presents 10th Annual
Lunar New Year Costume Contest
Saturday, March 2, 2019
WIN $$$ IN THE YEAR OF THE PIG
Make a Pig Mask or be a part of the Costume Contest or enter both contests!
PIG MASK CONTEST
Make a Pig Mask:
— Size (an adult or child can wear it)
— It can cover the entire face
— Be creative with all types of colorful materials
— It can show happy, sad, or funny emotions
— Must be displayed or worn by a model at the contest
— First ($300), Second ($200), Third ($100) + prizes for honorable mentions
Lunar New Year Costume Contest:
— Contestants’ attire should be culturally relevant to the Lunar New Year Celebration
— First ($100), Second ($75), Third ($50)
Costume Parade Schedule:
11 AM — Registration
12:30 PM — Line up
1 PM — Parade begins
1:30 PM — Parade winners announced
• Start from Northwest Asian Weekly’s front door, march to main stage
• Contestants must be present at the announcement of finalists (1:30 PM).
• Finalists will be lined up in numerical order.
• The first 20 registered will get a gift.
• You may pre-register for the contest by filling out this application and sending it in or sign-up on the day of the contest (Saturday, February 9) beginning at 11 a.m. at the registration table. Registration table will be located in front of Seattle Chinese Post/Northwest Asian Weekly – 412 Maynard Ave S.
• Contestants must sign-in at the registration table 30 minutes prior to parade.
• You are welcome to participate in both contests: pig mask and costume contest. The costume contest will begin first, followed by the pig mask contest.
• Adults & children are welcome to participate
• Parents are welcome to accompany their children during the Parade
• All contestants will be given a contestant number for order of Parade lineup
• Contestants must be present to win