LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police have identified a man who opened fire on the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles before taking his own life.
The gunman was identified last week as 62-year-old Larry Xin Zhang, a Chinese national. Police did not release a motive for the attack.
Police say the gunman riddled the Koreatown building with bullets on July 31 before the consulate was open.
Officers answering reports of a shooting found a man seated in his car nearby with a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
No one else was hurt.
In 2011, a man was arrested after police said he fired nine shots at a security guard outside the same consulate, but only hit the building. Police said he was protesting China’s human rights record.
Police believe the two shootings are unrelated.