ALL AGES WELCOME.
Be part of the Lunar New Year Fashion Contest. Design a wearable garment, accessory, or put together an outfit to create a look with a Year of the Monkey Lunar New Year theme.
Model your own entry or supply your own model(s) for both the fashion show & parade.
The Fashion Show-Off & Contest:
- WIN $250 & Prizes for Most Original “Year of the Monkey” ensemble
- Lunar New Year Dinner Fashion Show-Off (Feb. 6, House of Hong Restaurant, 6 p.m. Contestants have to arrive at 4 p.m. Tickets: $50 each for dinner & show.
- All entries are invited to model at the Kids’ Parade Contest event on February 13, at 1 p.m. (Contestants have to arrive at noon.)
- Photo deadline for all entries is February 1.
- You are welcome to submit more than one entry.
- Please submit a photograph for each entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb.1.
- Your entry must include your name, address, phone number, and e-mail. You can also mail photographs to: Northwest Asian Weekly, 412 Maynard Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98104.
- If you don’t have a camera, please call us at (206) 223-0623 to arrange for us to take a photo of your costume.
Announcement of fashion show finalists will appear in Asian Weekly’s Feb. 4 issue.
Fashion show will be held Feb. 6, House of Hong Restaurant, 6 p.m. Finalists & models arrive at 4 p.m. to change and line up.
All fashion show contestants will also be invited to the Northwest Asian Weekly’s Lunar New Year Parade on February 13 at the Chinatown/International District Dragon Fest at 1 p.m. Please wear your design or find a model to wear your design, and arrive at Asian Weekly’s office, 412 Maynard Ave. S., to check in, from noon to 1 p.m. Models will line up at 1:15 p.m. and parade to the stage at Hing Hay Park. (one block away).