Northwest Asian Weekly / Seattle Chinese Post presents Children’s Recycling Fashion Contest
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Children’s Parade Competition Schedule:
1 PM — Lining up
1:20 PM — Judging begins
1:40 PM — Parade begins
2 PM — Contestants appear on stage
2:45 PM — Results announced and presentation of awards
• Contestants must be present at the announcement of finalists (1:50 PM).
• Finalists will be lined up in numerical order.
• All contestants will receive a fortune cookie.
• Everyone is welcome to come to Northwest Asian Weekly’s office to pick up old copies of the papers for free.
• You may pre-register for the contest by filling out this application and sending it in, or sign up on the day of the contest (Saturday, July 12) before 1:15 PM at the registration table located in front of Seattle Chinese Post/Northwest Asian Weekly – 412 Maynard Ave. S.
• Contestants are chosen on a first-come-first-serve basis.
• Contestants must sign in at the registration table 15 minutes prior to parade.
• Children ages 12 and under can participate in the contest.
• Parents are welcome to accompany their children during the parade.
• Children will be given a contestant number for order of parade lineup.
• Recyclable materials must be used in contestants’ outfits. Such as office paper, white paper, colored paper, newspapers (preferably Northwest Asian Weekly and Seattle Chinese Post), magazines, catalogs, phonebooks, junk mail paperboard, tissue boxes, heavy weight folders paper towel, toilet paper rolls, shredded paper milk, juice, soymilk cartons, and books: all soft cover and hard covers should be ripped off empty paper coffee.
YES: pizza boxes, corrugated cardboard brown paper bags boxboard (i.e. shoeboxes, gift boxes, and cereal boxes).
YES: metal and tin beverage containers metal and tin food containers aluminum foil aluminum take-out containers aluminum pie plates and trays kitchen cookware: metal pots, pans, tins and utensils Glass. Please wash out all food jars!
• All contestants will be judged by the provided judging criteria.
• Prizes will be awarded to first ($100), second ($50), and third ($25) place winners, plus there will be many other prizes.
• All decisions made by competition judges are final.
Seattle Public Utilities
Cathay Post 186
Tsue Chong Company
Jade Garden Restaurant
Simply Thai Restaurant
China Harbor Restaurant