The City of Seattle is opening up the application process for new commissioners to serve on the Immigrant and Refugee Commission. Appointees serve two years and are responsible for the following:
• Advising the mayor, city council, and city departments and offices on ways to enhance and improve access to city services and resources for immigrants and refugees, as well as strengthening opportunities for immigrants and refugees to participate in civic life.
• Advising the city on successful implementation of the Immigrant and Refugee Action Plan and on future updates to the plan.
• Advising all city departments and offices in matters affecting immigrants and refugees, as appropriate.
• Encouraging understanding between and among the various immigrant and refugee communities and the larger Seattle community.
• Advocating on behalf of immigrant and refugees in the larger Seattle community.
• Assisting in informing the direction of the Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs. (end)
Applications will be accepted through March 10. Send a resume and a cover letter or short bio to IMR_OIRA@seattle.gov.