The Government of India has issued following instructions to ensure proper use of all categories of the tourist visa:
1. In respect of foreign national holding tourist visas with a multiple entry facility, there should be gap of at least two months between two visits to India.
2. If any foreign national is required to visit the country again within a period of two months of his or her last exit, he or she should obtain special permission from the Indian embassy/consulates concerned. Such re-entry may be permitted only in emergency situations. In all cases, a confirmed itinerary and documentation in support of emergency will be required.
3. In all cases, the foreign passport must have at least 2 blank pages.
4. All such requests will be considered on merits of each case by the Indian embassies/consulates abroad.
5. In all such cases, the foreign national should register himself or herself with the FRRO/FRO concerned within 14 days of arrival. An endorsement to this effect will be made on the visa sticker.
6. The foreign nationals who possess business/employment/medical/diplomatic visas or have OCI/PIO cards are not covered under this provision.
7. A miscellaneous consular fee of $25 and $13 will be charged for making the endorsement in the valid foreign passport. ♦
For more information, visit www.mha.gov.in.